Sigma (Leeds) Ltd is committed to minimisation of environmental damage caused by the day to day running of the business, both at its head office and sites throughout the U.K. or various countries, when appropriate. Guidelines are in place for our suppliers, production, packaging, and disposal of its waste.
Responsibility for Environmental Issues
The Managing Director carries overall responsibility for Sigma environmental policy.
Interior Fit-out Processes
- All processes comply with current environmental regulations.
- All processes are reviewed in order to minimise environmental impact from noise, airborne and waterborne pollution.
- All necessary COSHH assessments are carried out and where required COSHH information is available.
- The fullest possible utilisation of wood is obtained. This entails the minimisation of waste via quality control procedures.
- All bespoke furniture suppliers to Sigma are actively encouraged to follow environmental best practice.
- Waste produced from sites is disposed of using a registered waste disposal company.
As previous, all environmental concerns are similar except all waste would be disposed by using a registered waste disposal company
Packaging criteria works in two ways, cleanliness and protection of components, and we will eliminate unnecessary or over packaging.
Health and Safety
It is Sigma (Leeds) Ltd aim to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment, plant and systems of work for all our employees, and to provide such information,
training and supervision as is required for this purpose both at our head office and also out on site, commensurate with the appropriate Health and Safety legislation.
- Sigma will comply with the laws of the United Kingdom and of the countries within which it operates.
- Sigma will always consider the impact of any of its work within the locality.
- Noise, visual impact and traffic flow will be regularly reviewed to keep any disturbance to a minimum.
- This policy will be reviewed annually.